Volunteer CASE Author Opportunities
- Currents, CASE's award-winning magazine, runs feature articles on a variety of issues important to advancement professionals, including trends in the field, case studies from different institutions, and information from research and surveys conducted by CASE's research division.
- Short features range from 1,500 to 1,800 words, and long features run up to 2,500 words. Each issue of Currents also includes regular columns of 900 to 1,100 words.
- Currents articles follow a journalistic and conversational style.
The CASE Blog
- CASE's blog explores trends and best practices in advancement. Contributors include advancement professionals, independent consultants and CASE staff.
- Posts can highlight a specific project, a new approach or an emerging advancement issue, and should highlight actionable strategies for CASE readers.
- Written in a conversational tone, posts typically range from 400 to 1,000 words and can include photos, infographics, videos and links.
CASE White Papers
- A new CASE White Paper initiative is designed to provide in-depth analysis or report on research findings related to a single aspect of advancement.
- Targeting senior-level advancement professionals, white papers may be conversational or more academic in tone, may include charts and references, and will typically be 2,500 to 10,000 words in length.
- CASE publishes practitioner-written books on a variety of topics for advancement professionals at all levels and in all disciplines.
- The length, format and delivery mechanism for CASE books will vary by book.