CASE Asia-Pacific Leadership Award
The Leadership Award recognizes CASE member institutional heads, presidents, chancellors, system heads or other campus chief executive officers for outstanding efforts in promoting and supporting education and institutional advancement.
Nominees for this award must demonstrate the ability to:
- Actively support advancement
- Create a vision and inspire others
- Establish a positive image for his or her institution while leading it to higher levels of success
- Increase his or her institution's stature in the community and
- Encourage innovation and risk-taking among employees.
Peter Høj AC
Professor Peter Høj commenced as Vice-Chancellor and President of The University of Queensland in October 2012. Prior to this appointment, he was vice-chancellor and president of the University of South Australia from June 2007. He was CEO of the Australian Research Council (2004-2007) and Managing Director of the Australian Wine Research Institute (1997-2004).
Professor Høj is a Director of the Board of Group of Eight (Go8) Universities and in 2017 was the Chair. He is a member of the Australian Medical Research Advisory Board.
In 2019, Professor Høj was awarded an AC in the Australia Day Honours awards for service to higher education, commercialisation of research, and policy development and reform.
CASE Asia-Pacific Distinguished Service Award
The CASE Asia-Pacific Distinguished Service Award recognizes inspirational advancement professionals whose accomplishments have made a significant and lasting impact on institutional advancement and whose life and character have earned the respect and admiration of fellow colleagues.
This award recognizes the following contributions from an individual:
- Leadership in their profession
- Demonstration of best practice and innovation in their profession
- Service to the CASE Asia-Pacific community of practice
- Nominations are open to outstanding advancement professionals who deserve recognition and who inspire by example.
- The nominee must belong to a CASE member institution.
- Current CASE Asia-Pacific Board of Directors are not eligible for nomination.
Ms Bernadette Tsui is an exemplary leader who has had a transformative effect on The University of Hong Kong since she was appointed the inaugural Executive Director at HKU Foundation in 1995.
Ms Tsui is also committed to contribute to CASE Asia-Pacific. She shares her expertise as a faculty in the Mandarin programs and inspires colleagues in the universities in mainland China with her art of story-telling. In the numerous international study tours in Hong Kong that she hosted, she shared generously both the success stories and challenging situations with delegates from all over the world.
Ms Tsui’s many illustrious leadership roles have championed the advancement of education and earned her enormous respect by the university community and colleagues from around the Asia-Pacific region.