CASE Insights on Philanthropy in Independent Schools (United States)
- 2022 Key Findings
- DASL Foundation Data and DASL|BIISS Financial Operations Data entry open
- DASL Foundation Data entry closes
- DASL|BIIS Financial Operations Data entry closes
DASL is the National Association of Independent Schools’ online tool for the independent school community. Used by over 40 state, regional, and national independent school associations, it is a powerful, one-stop shop for U.S. independent school data collection. In it, school leaders can find actionable data on all aspects of their school operations, including admission, enrollment, salaries, and more.
Since April 2022, CASE and NAIS have partnered on the Advancement Data, drawing from the CASE Global Reporting Standards – the global framework for the advancement profession and set of shared definitions and counting practices – to give schools access to consistent advancement data across the sector. For schools, this means:
- Access to comprehensive, standardized data. School leaders can use DASL to more comprehensively benchmark against their peers and have a complete snapshot of their schools’ financial and engagement health.
- More data, less time and effort. Through DASL, you can enter advancement and operations data in just one place. CASE members can access DASL data and reports through the CASE Insights data portal.
- Deeper insights. CASE will release analysis and insights to help schools navigate and utilize data.
- Assurance that the data adhere to the highest industry standards in terms of transparency, ethics, and consistent reporting.
CASE Member Access
CASE members receive access to the full suite of DASL resources. Results from the advancement section of DASL will also be available in the CASE Insights data portal (formerly known as Data Miner). CASE members who participate in DASL receive a summary benchmarking report which provides a visual representation of comparison data against peers.