District I Venture Fund
2021 Fall Application Period: Sept. 20−Nov. 3, 2021
What is the Venture Fund?
The Venture Fund is a source of financial support for new and innovative programming focused on professional development and networking for and among members of CASE District I. The Fund is intended to support special initiatives and programs not already funded by the District Cabinet and the District’s annual operating budget.
The Venture Fund is not a resource to pay registration fees for existing programs or for participation in a program attended by just one District I member.
How much funding is available via the Venture Fund?
There is a total of $15,000 available in Venture Fund capital for the 2021-22 year. Grant amounts awarded may vary upon a review of the applications received by the selection committee but typically range from $500 to $3,000. The committee may fully or partially fund selected grants up to the limit of $3,000.
What are the criteria for applications to the Venture Fund?
Members from all CASE District I institutions may apply for support from the Venture Fund. All applications will be given thorough consideration, with preference given to those proposals that include the following elements:
- Demonstrate collaboration between a group of CASE District I members/institutions in the planning and execution of the proposed program;
- Demonstrate impact on a number of CASE professionals;
- Propose a program not already funded by CASE District I;
- Provide an opportunity for the professional development of CASE members;
- And support traditionally underserved populations in our profession and serve/enhance diversity amongst CASE DI membership
What is the application process and deadline for a grant submission to the Venture Fund?
- Complete and submit the application by the deadline. Applications must also include a budget, with preference given to well-developed budget forecasts.
- The District I Venture Fund Committee reviews applications and recommends which proposals should be funded to the DI Cabinet for final funding approval.
- Grant recipients are notified of their award. Those not selected for funding will also be notified.
- The recipient will receive the grant amount at the acceptance of their award.
- Grant recipients plan and market their programs independently of CASE. As per the application, grant recipients are required to:
- Recognize the support from the CASE DI Venture Fund in all marketing materials for this activity.
- Complete their activity within 12 months of award notification.
- Provide brief updates every other month leading up to the implementation of their program.
- Submit a final report on their program within 30 days of the program’s completion.
- If requested by the Venture Fund Committee, undertake a CASE conference session or roundtable, open webinar to CASE Member Institutions, or similar means of follow up, as appropriate.