2024 CASE District II Newcomer Experience
Included in the 2024 CASE District II Newcomer Experience:
- Join the 2024 CASE District II Newcomer Cohort: Whether you’re new to CASE, advancement or your role, being a part of the cohort extends beyond the conference itself. You’ll be connected with your session mentors and peers ahead of the conference and maintain connections with the group after the conference ends.
- Be Matched With a Dedicated CASE District II Mentor: Newcomers will have the unique opportunity to be paired with an experienced CASE District II Mentor, who can help identify individual strategies and consultation as you reflect on your individual development opportunities at and after the conference. Mentees will be connected with their personal mentor match ahead of the conference via email, meet with them on-site in Baltimore, and share a virtual follow up session post-conference.
- Participate in the Pre-Conference Session: Join your fellow cohort members and three Session Mentors ahead of the conference for an exclusive Newcomer Workshop. The workshop includes group mentorship sessions, networking skill building, and a facilitated discussion that will lead to actionable steps for personal and professional development, setting the stage for your growing career in advancement. Session Mentors will also share intentional tips for a successful conference experience, including how to create meaningful, lasting connections and make the most of every opportunity that a CASE conference provides you.
- Regroup as a Cohort for a Conference Wrap-Up: Meet for breakfast with your cohort and Session Mentors to revisit lessons learned at conference and set yourself up for a strong return to your work and institution.
- First time attending a CASE conference
- New to advancement (1-3 years)
- New to your role (1-2 years)
Preconference Workshop Schedule
Sunday, February 11, 2024 – 8:30 am-12:00 pm
Registration & Breakfast (8:30 a.m.)
Moderated Panel on Career Mapping & Personal/Professional Development (9:00 a.m.)
- Managing Up (managing your manager)
- Creating an ecosystem for work/life
- Navigating challenges for early career professionals and those new to advancement
Break (9:45 a.m.)
Speed Networking (10:00 a.m.)
Break (10:45 a.m.)
Small Group Workshops/Breakout Discussions with Mentors (11:00 a.m.)
- How to Leverage Networking
- Exploring New Areas of Advancement
- How to Leverage Feedback for Growth
How to Navigate a CASE Conference (11:45 a.m.)
- Stepping outside of track to explore new areas
- Action-oriented conference follow-up
Corinne Green Endres (Associate Director of Regional Alumni Engagement, Rochester Institute of Technology)
Durriyyah Jackson, PMP, CFRE (Director of Development, Planned Giving, George Washington University)
Matthew Colson (Vice President, Development & Communications, Farmingdale State College)
Follow Up for Participants
- Cohort breakfast meet-up on Tuesday morning
- Meet-up with assigned mentors on a one-off basis during conference, prior to conference and/or one month after conference
- Connect via LinkedIn
If you are already registered for the conference and wish to register for the preconference workshop, follow these steps:
- Visit www.case.org, click on “My Account” in the upper right corner.
- Within your account, you will see “My Meetings” in the center of the Account screen. The District II Conference should be listed at or near the top. Click "View Registration".
- Review your registration. Under the Select Events section, click "Edit".
- Then click "Add" on the preconference and proceed to checkout.