CASE Advancement Internship US/Canada
2023 CASE Advancement Interns attend the annual CASE Internship Conference in Washington, DC
About the Program
The CASE Advancement Internship seeks to increase and diversify the number of professionals in educational advancement. This program is designed to attract students (undergraduate and graduate) who may not have previously considered a career in institutional advancement. CASE defines diversity to include ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, ability.
The CASE Advancement Internship is a summer internship (June 3 – July 26, 2024), in which the advancement interns work a designated amount of hours per week, within areas of a university's advancement office. Interns receive on-the-job training and gain valuable skills in the professional areas of advancement, including fundraising, alumni relations, advancement services, and communications and marketing.
For those who may not have originally considered a career in advancement, the CASE Advancement Internship is a great way to explore a career in the world of educational advancement and to see the benefits those professions bring to the education sector.
The CASE Advancement Internship allows students to develop a peer network early in their career and provides them with several mentors and professional contacts in the advancement industry at the beginning of their career Since inception, more than 200 past CASE interns have gone onto work in advancement.
Check out what kind of entry level positions they started their careers in on our intern spotlight.
- Hands-on educational advancement experience at a premier institution
- Compensation for the duration of the internship
- Three days in person training in Washington, D.C. for US/Canada Interns (June 23-25, 2024)
- Mentor from your host institution
- Matched up with a CASE member in field of interest for Zoom meetings throughout the internship
- Participation in introductory online seminars to learn about the various areas of the advancement profession
- CASE membership for one year after the internship, accessing CASE webinars, the CASE Library and Career Central
- Regular communication post-internship on entry-level job postings and professional development opportunities
Interested in applying for the Advancement Internship or hosting a 2024-25 CASE Advancement Intern? Contact Robyn Neeley, Director, Talent Management at [email protected].
Frequently Asked Questions
How can my institution support the CASE Advancement Internship?
Interested in applying for the Advancement Internship or hosting a 2024 CASE Advancement Intern? Contact Robyn Neeley, Director, Talent Management at [email protected].