District III Programs and Workshops
To support essential dialogue and build community, CASE District III is planning online conversations which will focus on several areas:
- Legislative Advocacy
- Community Colleges
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Increasing Your Cultural Awareness in District III
June 23, 2022
A view from an international lens.
Moderator: Mr. Ahnaf Khan
Registration coming soon!
Finding Your Why
April 21, 2022
Join our conversation about the value of defining your personal vision, enhancing your brand with your why, and self-care.
Moderator: Mr. Frantz Williams, Director of Development, Breakthrough Miami
- Melanie Jones, Vice President; Advancement, Research, and Economic Development at Grambling State University
- Latasia Priest, Director of Alumni Engagement and Strategic Initiatives for North Carolina Textile Foundation at North Carolina State University
- Matthew Winston, Founder and Principal, The Winston Advisory Pack
Coffee and Conversation
Resilience: HBCUs in 2022
March 24, 2022
According to news outlets, at least 57 institutions, including HBCUs, have received bomb threats in 2022. This session will focus on what can we do as advancement professionals in DIII and beyond to support our HBCU colleagues during this season and will feature feedback from Cabinet-level leaders at HBCUs.
Moderator: Dr. DeShanna K. Brown
Dr. Marcus Burgess, Claflin University
Dr. Marc Barnes, Dillard University
Dr. Pamela Wilks, Edward Waters University
Dr. Carl Walton, Southern University and A&M College
District III ToGather: LGBTIQA+ Communities
Nov. 2, 2021
CASE is committed to creating pathways for current and future advancement professionals of diverse backgrounds, including members of the LGBTIQA+ communities (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex, queer, asexual, questioning). This session is part of the CASE Opportunity & Inclusion initiative, which supports CASE's commitment to increase the diversity of the advancement profession.
Coffee and Conversation hosted by the Opportunity and Inclusion Committee
Oct. 21, 2021
What: As advancement professionals how do we not just “Check the Box” on DEI in our organizations and alumni engagement activities. Join us in a conversation with advancement professionals, as they share insight and strategies for incorporating DEI efforts throughout their advancement work. In this session, we will hear from a diverse group of advancement professionals to include:
- Moderator: DeShanna K. Brown, Ed.D., Chair, District III Opportunity & Inclusion Committee
- Bethany Baker, MPA, SPHR, Senior Manager, Human Resources, Emory University, Advancement and Alumni Engagement
- Cory Witherspoon, Vice President of Institutional Advancement, Florida Memorial University
- Tyrell Burnett, Senior Director of Annual Giving, Oregon State University Foundation
Professional and Personal Balance Through COVID and Beyond
March 18, 2021
Each of us has 24 hours in a day and must use them effectively. In this session, we will discuss strategies to prioritize, set expectations, and manage up as we continue to navigate the effects of COVID in our professional and personal lives. Learn more on how to "Elevate Your 8", incorporate mindfulness practices, and seek balance for physical and mental clarity.