Travel Details: Housing & Transportation
On Campus Housing and Hotel Options
Note: Attendees are responsible for their residence hall or hotel accommodations. This is not included in the registration fee.
University Housing – Witte Hall
Single Occupancy Room Rate: $76.91/night plus taxes
Double Occupancy Room Rate: $51.91/night plus taxes
- To ensure a private sleeping room please select “Single Occupancy” as your Room Type.
- To be paired with a preferred roommate, both parties must request the other person. If you select a double occupancy room and do not submit a roommate request, University Housing will pair a person with you.
To make a reservation with University Housing, please visit our housing portal.
- Once at the portal, guests will create a login by clicking “Register here.”
- Once registered and logged in, navigate to (Book Your Stay) at the top of the page and select “Summer Guests: Overnight Reservations” on the right side of the screen.
- On the following page, navigate to “CASE Summer Institutes” and click “Select” to begin the reservation process for securing a room.
Reservations will close July 19th or when the room block has filled.
Guests will not make payment at the time of reservation. An email will be sent to guests three weeks prior to the program start date with payment instructions. If your program is within three weeks, an email will be sent the day after creating your reservation.
A non-refundable payment for the full amount is due prior to the program start date.
Note: Attendees will share a bathroom in the residence hall.
Witte Hall, located at the corner of Johnson and Lake Streets and is within blocks of the meeting site. Two bathrooms are conveniently located on each floor and include private shower areas. Witte Hall provides a spacious main lounge with a large-screen television and several rooms for meetings, classes and social activities. Breakfast is provided in the adjacent Gordon Dining & Event Center. Guests may use the kitchen and laundry facilities at their convenience. In-house printing services are available for conference guests. There is a sand volleyball court and recreational field located next to the building for your enjoyment.
- Linens, blanket, pillow with pillow protector, pillow case and bedspread
- Two bath towels, one hand towel, one washcloth,
- Soap (1.50oz), soap dish, one lotion & one shampoo.
- Daily housekeeping services that can be requested daily VIA QR Code in the room.
- Complimentary laundry facility in the residence hall.
Less than a 15-minute walk to meeting space
What to bring
Additional items for those staying in the residence hall
- All personal toiletries
- Bath towels/bathrobe. Although towels are provided daily, you may want your own full-size towel.
- Shower shoes
- Hair dryer
- Rain gear and umbrella (walking is required rain or shine)
- Alarm clock (there is no wake-up service)
- Additional blanket (air conditioners cannot be adjusted)
- Cool and casual/semi-casual clothing
- Additional blanket (air conditioners cannot be turned down)
- Warm pajamas (air conditioning in residence hall may be cool)
- Sweater (air conditioning in the classrooms may be cool)
- Extra pens, pencils, paper
- Clothes hangers (few will be provided)
- Portable iron
- Your favorite t-shirt, hat or sweatshirt from your institution
- Business cards
- Chargers for your electronic devices
- Not necessary, but can provide additional comfort: Sleeping bag, extra pillow, small portable fan
- There is a Walgreens and Target located within walking distance to campus.
What is the weather like?
Wisconsin weather in July is usually sunny and warm with temperatures averaging between 75 and 85 degrees.
For current weather information, visit The Weather Channel site for Madison: http://www.weather.com/weather/right-now/53717:4:US