CASE Global Reporting Standards Course
Build your institution’s reputation and relationships with the one global source of guiding principles for the advancement profession. The CASE Global Reporting Standards Course will guide you through a common set of standards, guidelines, and definitions for reporting the results of educational philanthropy. You’ll come away from the course with the knowledge to deepen trust and expand your impact.
Who Should Take This Course:
Professionals in Advancement Services, Advancement Operations, Data Insights and Strategy, Database Managers, and Gifts and Records. In its entirety, this course serves as comprehensive training for individuals who are new to CASE Global Reporting Standards, as well as the profession or role.
What are the Course Objectives?
- Highlight key differences in fundraising practices and overall gift acceptance in various regions of the world.
- Demonstrate why the CASE Global Reporting Standards are important and relevant.
- Identify key terms and new fundraising metrics in the new edition
- Explain the differences in fundraising practices in other parts of the globe.
- Illustrate in depth knowledge on the significant changes in the new edition.
- Share knowledge on campaign reporting guidelines, including opportunities for greater transparency in benchmarking campaign goals and outcomes.
- Develop strategies on setting up robust models of reporting at your institution
- Describe tips on getting started with benchmarking, focusing on a set of core metrics that CASE will use for global benchmarks and analysis
- Create tools for educating and communicating reporting standards to appropriate roles within your institution.
Benefits of Participation:
- Upon completion of modules and accompanying quizzes, receive a certificate and badge
- Become a Subject Matter Expert in CASE Global Reporting Standards
- Access to special attendee-only events such as office hours and online communities
- Additional Resources supplied, including lightning talks, podcast interviews, and recommended additional reading
- 10.75 continuing education points have been granted by CFRE International for this course
Read What Course Participants Say:
“Anyone who is serious about their career in Advancement Services should take the time to participate in the CASE Global Reporting Standards Course. I found it helpful for clarifying standards across the global business of educational advancement.”
“The CGRS course brings the reporting guidelines book to life with real-world examples. I recommended my team take the course and all our development officers, which will ensure we are using the same terms and definitions.”
“Taking the course helped solidify why benchmarking is important and left me feeling encouraged that with the changes, we will be able to benchmark against true peer institutions in a way that makes sense.”
About Each Module (seven for course completion):
Module 1: Intro to CASE Global Reporting Standards
- Describe why Global Reporting Standards matter for the advancement profession
- Identify core definitions and new lenses on fundraising
Module 2: A Deep-Dive of What’s New in the CASE Standards
- Identify the professional / ethical foundations on which the standards are based
- Define the importance of donor control and donor influence
- Explain what kind of gifts are philanthropic
Module 3: A Deep-Dive for Institutions New to CASE Standards
- Explore the finer details of New Funds Committed and Funds Received
- Examine some of the key decisions that are part of the new edition
Module 4: International Fundraising - A trip around the world
- Highlight the regional supplements and special considerations for each region which are part of the updated edition
- Differentiate the fundraising perspectives for Australia/ New Zealand, Canada, Mexico, Singapore, United Kingdom, and the United States
Module 5: Campaign Reporting Guidelines
- Define the CASE Standards throughout the duration of a Campaign, from initial planning to public phase
- Discuss how to create and implement campaign counting policies
- Describe how Campaign Reporting differs from Accounting Reports, with an emphasis on the importance of transparency.
- Explain about CASE surveys specific to Campaigns
Module 6: Global Standards, Metrics, and Benchmarks
- Describe fundraising and engagement practices in various global regions and existing CASE surveys that provide trends and benchmarks.
- Identify key metrics that will become global benchmarks across the suite of surveys, including how key global metrics will be incorporated in existing regional fundraising surveys
- Discuss how to get started benchmarking key performance metrics
- Examine complimentary and customized reports available to institutions upon completion of CASE surveys, including algorithms used for determining “like” institutions
Module 7: Establishing Robust Reporting Models and Future Planning
- Identify a robust reporting model that provides a measure of comparison for your own institution against past years
- Build tools for identifying and creating “peers” and incorporate key metrics for comparison benchmarks
- Develop a strategy for identifying areas of strength and opportunities for improvement or focus, which transforms metrics into an answer to the question “so, what?”
- Develop a proactive strategy for informing teams at your institution as CASE standards and surveys are revised