6 Ways to Make Your Workday Healthier
Boost your wellbeing and productivity by incorporating these healthy habits throughout your workday.
- Add plants to your workspace to help purify the air.
- Keep healthy snacks in your office or office fridge, such as nuts, cucumbers, bell peppers, or yogurt. Think also of stocking healthy drinks, such as water in a filtered pitcher or herbal teas.
- Set reminders on your phone or computer to take stretch breaks. Or keep handy a manual or electric handheld back massager that you can use on muscles that get stiff from sitting too long in front of a computer.
- Treat yourself to a meal at a healthy restaurant to celebrate a work accomplishment, such as the completion of a big project.
- Meeting with a colleague? Suggest meeting outside to combine work and fresh air. If able, hold a “walking” or “standing” meeting.
- Consider using wellness apps to guide you through meditation, track your sleep, and count how many steps you take each day.
For more advice, read “26 Wellness Wednesday Ideas and Activities.”