Circle of Excellence Award Areas and Categories
Key Details for 2023
- Circle of Excellence opens Jan. 11, 2023, and closes March 15.
- Enter categories for your staff size. Because teams of any size can achieve excellence, CASE’s Circle of Excellence Awards offer categories by staff size. Enter categories for less than 10 staff, 10 to 25 staff, or greater than 25 staff (based on CASE roster).
- Awards will be judged locally and globally. In 2022, CASE implemented a new awards system in which each CASE region (Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Latin America) and North America districts considered nominations submitted by their local institutions for their “Best of” recognition. These Best of District/Region are back for 2023.
- Save by submitting early. Save $100 by submitting entries by Feb. 1, 2023.
- Explore 100 categories to enter, including engagement (student, targeted constituency, and volunteer engagement), leadership (change management, diversity, and talent management), and more.
- Unless otherwise noted, 2023 Circle of Excellence entries should be original work that was produced or completed between January 1, 2022, and Dec. 31, 2022.
Award Areas and Categories
A few tips
- Most materials meet the criteria for more than one category. Which one(s) you enter is entirely up to you. (On rare occasions where an entry does not meet the entry requirements for a category, CASE and the judge coordinators will move the entry to the most proper category.)
- You can submit the same entry for as many categories as it is eligible. (Just note that each entry requires its own entry fee.)
- Judges are looking for innovative ideas, impressive and measurable results and outcomes, judicious use of resources, and best practices that other institutions can adapt and implement for their benefit.
- Check out previous winners in a category to see if your entry is comparable.