Circle of Excellence Award Areas and Categories
What’s changed for 2022 CASE Awards!
Based on recommendations from an Awards Task Force of CASE volunteers and staff, the 2022 Circle of Excellence Awards will look quite different. Changes are designed to make it easier and more affordable to enter. Among the highlights:
- Each entry will be considered for global recognition (Gold, Silver, Bronze) AND for district or regional recognition (Best of CASE Europe, Best of District V, Best of CASE Asia-Pacific, etc.).
- Two new award areas: Leadership and Engagement.
- More video and online events categories.
- Several categories where you enter based on your staff/CASE roster size.
- Every category description has been updated, with expanded judging criteria and, in many cases, fewer questions to answer.
- Because of the transition away from separate US/Canada district awards, the window for eligibility has expanded for this year only. Unless otherwise noted, 2022 Circle of Excellence entries should be original work that was produced or completed between July 1, 2020, and Dec. 31, 2021.
Check out the updated and new categories and submit your nomination by March 16, 2022.
Award Areas and Categories
A few tips
- Most materials meet the criteria for more than one category. Which one(s) you enter is entirely up to you. (On rare occasions where an entry does not meet the entry requirements for a category, CASE and the judge coordinators will move the entry to the most proper category.)
- You can submit the same entry for as many categories as it is eligible. (Just note that each entry requires its own entry fee.)
- Judges are looking for innovative ideas, impressive and measurable results and outcomes, judicious use of resources, and best practices that other institutions can adapt and implement for their benefit.
- Check out previous winners in a category to see if your entry is comparable.