CASE Support of Education Survey, Australia and New Zealand
The CASE Support of Education Survey, Australia and New Zealand collects detailed information about fundraising and donors to measure the philanthropic performance of higher education institutions. It also provides an estimate of the overall impact of philanthropy on the higher education sector.
This survey of philanthropic giving uses the CASE-Ross Survey methodology adopted by UK universities. It is an important tool for institutional leaders, development and alumni staff who work at education institutions as it allows them to be more rigorous in benchmarking, more confident in accountability and more persuasive in relationships with alumni and other donors. This survey is a key source of information on this subject, enabling institutions to compare themselves with similar universities.
Participating in the survey benefits institutions and the overall fundraising profession. The survey findings will help:
- Raise the profile of philanthropic giving within the sector
- CASE lobby on behalf of universities, especially in the area of fundraising
- Measure the impact of policy interventions
- University teams measure and monitor their progress
- Universities, and other stakeholders, see the broader trends in fundraising
In addition, the survey findings, and ability to easily compare results to previous years, help university teams set objectives, assess performance, make informed investment decisions, lobby senior management for investment and improve overall departmental performance.
Universities that have participated in the survey will have access to an online toolkit to benchmark their performance against other universities and their previous submissions.
What do survey participants provide?
The survey asks for data on specific fundraising variables:
- Number of fundraising staff and the team's expenditure
- New funds secured and cash income received
- Number of alumni from the university
- Number of people donating to the university
- Information on the university's fundraising campaign(s)
A supporting document that accompanies the survey explains all the questions and terms in detail.
How do universities take part in the survey?
To participate, a member of staff from the university should contact the CASE Asia-Pacific team for further details.