CASE Global Alumni Engagement Metrics Survey
*The log-in page also allows you to request a username or reset your password. Note that your username and password for the survey are NOT the same as your CASE log-in username and password.
In 2019, CASE launched a new Alumni Engagement Metrics (AEM) survey, enabling institutions to measure alumni engagement across four “modes”: Philanthropic, Volunteer, Experiential, and Communications, with the goal of providing a simple way to capture various types of alumni engagement on an annual basis. These metrics can be applied across the broad range of CASE member institutions in more than 80 countries.
The survey results:
- Provide data to inform unified measures of alumni engagement, such as the percentage of alumni engaged in at least one mode. While CASE seeks to build a methodology for comparison, engagement may include indicators beyond what is included here as well as activities that may never be collected in your system. Therefore, measures of engagement are indicative rather than definitive.
- Provide longitudinal data sets as surveys continue.
- Enable participating institutions to measure and compare metrics across global and aspirational peers year-over-year.
- Provide data to inform initiatives supporting educational advancement.
- Help institutional leaders set goals, assess performance, build capacity, and make informed, strategic decisions regarding investments in advancement.
Access to Data: CASE member institutions can access and analyze data using the AMAtlas Data Miner application as a benefit of their CASE membership and will also receive a GPS (Graphical Program Summary) report, which provides visualizations and comparisons to like institutions. CASE member institutions who complete the survey may purchase additional services designed to dig deeper into the results, such as Made-to-Order GPS Reports and AMAtlas Facilitated Cohorts.
Resources to Take Part: This page includes resources to help you get started, including FAQs and links to four key items: the original White Paper describing the framework, the new Guidance Documentation for completing the second year of the survey, grids for both versions of the survey to help you organize and store responses, and a link to the log-in site where you can complete the survey. Follow the link to log-in to request a username/password if you don’t already have one for the survey tool.
Email [email protected] with questions and/or to let the CASE staff know you want access to the survey and/or Data Miner. If you do not currently have an account, one can be created for you. Training and orientations are available as well, at no charge. Simply request an appointment.
Key Alumni Engagement Metrics Documentation
Framework White Paper:
The Alumni Engagement Metrics Task Force was created by the CASE Commission on Alumni Relations in the fall of 2018 to address the need for an industry wide framework to measure alumni engagement.
Guidance Document/Guía de Orientación:
This document describes the goals of the survey as well as provides instructions as to how to complete it. It should be read prior to gathering and submitting any data. A continuación se presentan dos guías específicas para la versión en español de la encuesta.
Metrics Collection Grids with Definition:
We are providing you with resources to aid in capturing, organizing, and reporting on the data requested.