School Advancement Institute 2023-2024
If you've already registered, you may access the online events here.
The School Advancement Institute (formerly the Summer Institute for Independent Schools) is the premier professional development program for those new to independent school advancement. Whether you are early career, looking to deepen your knowledge of school advancement, or coming into schools from another industry or nonprofit sector, this is the program for you. Designed to teach you the elements of both independent schools and independent school advancement, this program will provide you with strong mentoring and content you need to be successful in your first or second year at your new school.
- Discuss and explore best practices in independent school advancement
- Identify strategies to grow and support your school’s advancement program
- Describe the role advancement plays on an independent school campus
- Identify and analyze data to achieve philanthropic and engagement goals
- Define the major giving and relationship building process, including making asks
- Demonstrate the role campaigns, planned gifts, and annual fund play in the life of the school
- Illustrate the relationship to the Head, Board, and other key administrators
- Enhance your network to build stronger professional relationships
Who Should Attend
- Professionals new to independent school philanthropy, engagement, communications, or advancement services
- Professionals with prior advancement background and those entirely new to the profession are welcome and will be assigned to cohorts based on experience
- Those new to school advancement, including new Heads of School or new Directors