Make the CASE to Register
Thank you for your interest in the CASE-NAIS Independent Schools Conference 2023. The CASE-NAIS Independent Schools Conference is the flagship advancement and development conference for schools globally. It is the must-attend, annual event for independent schools and advancement professionals.
Sometimes it is not up to you to decide if you can register. Aside from financial considerations, professional development training could conflict with your work responsibilities.
The tips and sample justification letter below are intended to help you justify to your supervisor why you should register.
Tips to Help Make the CASE
- Emphasize the specific topics and skills you would like to strengthen or develop. Connect the projects you are working on and areas you are trying to develop with specific presentations. If you have participated in a CASE educational event before, highlight how the program benefited your work.
- Show that you are conscious of the budget and will take advantage of the early registration rate.
- Identify colleagues from your school who would benefit from attending and take advantage of group pricing.
- Offer to take detailed notes and prepare and deliver a short presentation for colleagues. That way others in your organization will benefit from your participation.
Copy, paste, and customize this sample justification letter to give to your supervisor to make the CASE to attend.
Dear [Supervisor’s Name],
I would like to represent our school at the CASE-NAIS Independent Schools Conference 2023, Jan. 29-31, in New York City.
Hosted by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) and the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), the flagship advancement and development conference for schools offers educational sessions and networking opportunities specific for independent schools and advancement professionals.
This year, the conference focuses on these three critical areas:
- Innovation and Institutional Sustainability
- Data and Research in Philanthropy
- Team and Workforce Development
I am particularly interested in attending [SPECIFIC SESSIONS] which I think will help us [APPLY TO YOUR WORK].
Since the conference takes place in New York City, I also would take the opportunity to connect in person with [LIST ALUMNI, DONORS, ETC. YOU COULD MEET].
My registration will cost [AMOUNT], and if we register [# OF ATTENDEES], we could save X% with group pricing.
The opportunity for me to learn and network with independent school colleagues makes my attendance at the CASE-NAIS Independent Schools Conference 2023 a wise investment. My participation will not only enhance my professional development and network, but also keep our school well connected and versed within the global schools community.
When I return, I will share a summary of my learnings with our team.
Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss my attendance further. You can learn more about the conference at case.org/casenais.
Thank you for your consideration.