CASE Insights on Alumni Magazine Readership and Benchmarking Toolkit
The CASE Insights on Alumni Magazine Readership and Benchmarking Toolkit allows magazine editors and other communications and alumni relations professionals to understand the habits and interests of their Alumni readers and make informed strategic editorial and management decisions.
The CASE Insights on Alumni Magazine Readership and benchmarking toolkit is an online data collection and reporting system designed to help member institutions evaluate how readers view their campus magazine. Editors can distribute the survey and view the results for their magazine, as well as compare their results to those of the magazines of other institutions using the system. The system is designed for each user to have full control over inviting readers to participate in the survey. Editors will also be able to easily generate custom results and comparisons to view.
The readership survey reveals key findings about reader preferences and engagement, including how the amount of time spent reading an alumni magazine can impact a reader's giving and involvement with the institution. Findings from questions on format preference and online content are also included. Additionally, users have the ability to compare data collected from readers of other CASE member institutions magazines to identify benchmarks and trends.
The service is available for purchase in one-year subscription terms. Purchasers can conduct unlimited samplings of their readers during the one-year term. The results from any surveys conducted within the subscription year will ONLY be available for the duration of the one-year subscription. Access will be denied after the subscription expires.
How can it help you?
- The survey facilitates benchmarking, allowing you to track your alumni responses in real time.
- Population segmentation allows you to create customized survey links for particular alumni constituencies to compare data across different segments.
- Segmented data can also be aggregated into one comprehensive report.
- You will get comprehensive summary reports, cross-tab reports, and benchmarking reports allowing for comparisons with data from over 90 other institutions who currently use the survey.
- CASE can provide customized benchmarking reports to members who elect to collectively share benchmarking information within a peer or mission group.
How does it work?
- CASE members complete a short profile of information about their institution and alumni magazine to subscribe to the tool.
- CASE will then provide you with an institutional link to the online Alumni Magazine Readership Survey for your institution.
- You can then email the survey link to a sample of alumni magazine recipients and/or distribute the survey link to alumni online, in print, or via social media.
- As and when your alumni respond to the survey, your institutional dashboard is updated for benchmarking
This benchmarking tool is a tested way to assess alumni interest and helps you to benchmark your alumni magazine with alumni magazines of other institutions in your peer group and year-over-year. Eighty-five percent of respondents to a survey of past users reported that they were likely to use the survey again.
Subscriptions cost just $500 for a year of access.