Young Alumni and Student Engagement
- Discuss best practices in developing young alumni and student programs.
- Strategize on creative and dynamic methods for engaging young alumni and students.
- Review characteristics of the current generation of students and young alumni.
- Identify and cultivate potential young volunteer leaders.
- Assess how to build an effective student alumni society.
- Create a network of peers through onsite networking and engagement.
Who Should Attend
- Alumni relations professionals
- Student alumni organization advisers
- Coordinators of student programs, young alumni programs and career programs
- Annual fund and development professionals
Meet Your Chair
Ayanna McConnell has been named the Acting President and CEO of the Alumni Association of the University of Michigan. McConnell, who has served as the Alumni Association’s vice president for university relations since 2021, has more than 20 years of experience leading student alumni programs at U-M and Eastern Michigan University. She first joined the Association in 2011 to design the student community for the LEAD Scholars program.
In her role as vice president for university relations, McConnell has overseen all aspects of the Association’s university relations, student, and development programs. She has also led the Association’s diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice strategic initiatives.
Ayanna has presented locally and nationally on alumni/donor engagement, diversity and inclusion, mentoring and networking, and is an active CASE District V volunteer. A lifelong learner, Ayanna concluded her formal academic journey with a graduate degree in Higher Ed/Student Affairs at Eastern Michigan University. She serves communities in Southeastern Michigan through multiple service organizations, and resides with her family in Ypsilanti, Michigan.