Young Alumni and Student Engagement
Join us to discuss best practices for creating meaningful engagement with your young alumni and current students through generational programming and technology. Explore new trends in young alumni giving and the latest approaches to building long-lasting student relationships. This conference is designed for newcomers to the advancement profession and professionals with mid-level responsibility.
- Discuss best practices in developing young alumni and student programs.
- Strategize on creative and dynamic methods for engaging young alumni and students.
- Review characteristics of the current generation of students and young alumni.
- Identify and cultivate potential young volunteer leaders.
- Assess how to build an effective student alumni society.
- Create a network of peers through onsite networking and engagement.
Who Should Attend
- Alumni relations professionals
- Student alumni organization advisers
- Coordinators of student programs, young alumni programs and career programs
- Annual fund and development professionals
Meet Your Chair
Ayanna McConnell is the Vice President, University Relations at the Alumni Association of the University of Michigan. She provides leadership for strategic university partnerships, and works to strengthen and diversify alumni engagement at the university. Ayanna and her team oversee all aspects of the Alumni Association’s university relations, student, and development programs. She also leads the Association’s diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice strategic initiatives.
Ayanna has presented locally and nationally on alumni/donor engagement, diversity and inclusion, mentoring and networking, and is an active CASE District V volunteer. A lifelong learner, Ayanna concluded her formal academic journey with a graduate degree in Higher Ed/Student Affairs at Eastern Michigan University. She serves communities in Southeastern Michigan through multiple service organizations, and resides with her family in Ypsilanti, Michigan.