Major Gift Strategies
- Define the core competencies needed for a major gift officer
- Develop strategies to identify, engage and cultivate major gift pools
- Recognize how active listening and strategic thinking can positively impact gift fundraising initiatives
- Analyze data and research regarding current and future trends for major gift fundraising
- Discuss the CASE Global Reporting Standards and develop strategies on setting up robust models of reporting
- Assess the potential of cross-campus collaboration and align institutional goals with donor values
Who should participate?
- Individuals who work directly with major gift donors and prospective alumni.
- Development professionals with major gift responsibilities
- Faculty, volunteers and staff who have a vital role in securing major gifts for their programs
Meet Your Chair
Edgar Gonzalez is an experienced and proven leader, team-builder, and collaborator with almost 20 years of experience in higher education advancement and program development. He currently serves as Vice President of University Advancement at Seattle University. Prior to joining Seattle University, Edgar held leadership roles at Oregon Health and Science University, the University of Washington, and the Alliance for Education.
A native of Argentina, Edgar and his family emigrated to the US when he was 9 years old in pursuit of the American dream. After earning his bachelor’s degree from the University of Washington, he has dedicated his entire career to working in higher education and ensuring that everyone has access. Edgar is passionate about the positive impact philanthropy can have on the institutions, communities, and individuals he is fortunate to serve. His career has always been focused on building institutional capacity through cultivating deep relationships, transformative philanthropy, leadership development and impactful storytelling.