From the Nominator
"A useful workbook celebrating the achievement of the Dangoor Reach Out Makerspace at Imperial College London and promoting hands-on maker activities for ages 14-18. The publication's goal is to encourage STEM activities and a more hands-on, alternative way of learning in a makerspace environment at schools in the UK. The target audience is teachers and young people from disadvantaged backgrounds in the London metropolitan area. The following types of STEM content are featured:
• Background and celebration of the Imperial Makerspace
• Supply lists and details for kitting out a makerspace
• Planning and designing advice to facilitate ideas from concept to creation
• DIY exercises with step-by-step instruction for teachers and educators
• Future advice for steps to build a business and promote an invention
• Resources for makers"
From the Judges
The Makerspace Kit packaged with the manual makes this a standout. Suitable for audience members of all ages, the illustrations, photos, and easy-to-read format contributed to this submission's overall appeal.