From the Nominator
"Each year, we commission key art for the University of Utah School of Medicine Alumni Weekend. This year's design comes from Kim Salt. The assignment was to help us to portray a vibrant and increasingly diverse community of healthcare professionals who practice throughout the state of Utah and the Mountain. The illustration should:
• Portray a diverse group of individuals
• Hint at the landscape of Utah (north and south)
• Nod to emerging technology (and a possibly new building)
• Include education, research, and clinical care
• Work in print on posters and program guides
• Work for digital in emails and web
• Also have layers so we can create other groupings for PowerPoint presentations and other use cases
The result was that Kim created a gorgeous collage of people that was also broken into layers for the use cases. We got an inspiring piece of artwork that both nodded to our history and serves as an inspirational image of where we see ourselves going."
From the Judges
Judges agreed that this piece was exceptional throughout! Skillful use of color and composition. Flexible artwork that provides a lot of opportunity for use across platforms and formats. Recognizable and engaging style.