UQ ChangeMakers: A Global Network of Opportunity
From the Nominator
In 2020, The University of Queensland launched a new engagement strategy, ChangeMakers, a way for our alumni to engage with the university, wherever they are in the world. The program is designed to have universal appeal for our diverse 300,000+ alumni community across 190 countries.
Strategically, the purpose of the ChangeMakers program is to:
- Create a complimentary engagement initiative that provides tailored programs to support the UQ alumni community;
- increase strategic engagement with alumni and industry through enhanced partnerships;
- drive alumni participation and involvement within the UQ community;
- further enhance the global reputation, and build UQ pride within the alumni community.
UQ ChangeMakers is designed to provide authentic value to alumni, helping them to succeed both personally and professionally. It includes a variety of new, and rapidly expanding, offerings and opportunities including:
- volunteering or becoming an alumni ambassador in their local area;
- learning from industry experts, and being connected to a global cohort of thought leaders and innovators;
- VIP access to flagship ChangeMakers events, and roundtable discussions post event;
- knowledge-share and access to our Alumni-to-Alumni (A2A) mentoring program to expand their networks;
- opportunity to explore interest areas (e.g sustainability and business) through facilitated Zoom roundtable discussions with like-minded alumni.
A key component of the ChangeMakers strategy is to enhance the alumni ambassador experience. ChangeMakers alumni ambassadors collaborate with the Advancement community, practice at a strategic level, and are key partners in driving alumni, philanthropic and industry support for UQ and its students.
From the Judges
Queensland's ChangeMaker's program is comprehensive and well executed. Highly effective storytelling, and visuals are second to none. The quality and execution speaks to the team behind UQ ChangeMakers.