Conference Policies: North America Conferences
How to Register
Online: Login is required to register online. You can register online using a credit card as payment for conference fees. To register select the conference you want from the conference calendar.
Check: If you are required to pay by check for a conference, please contact to CASE Member Support Center at +1 202-328-CASE (2273) M-F, 9 a.m-5p.m. ET to pre-register over the telephone. CASE will send you an invoice via email that you may use to submit your payment request for the conference. Please note: your registration is complete when payment is received in full. In the event of a conference selling-out, preference is given to registrations that are paid in full.
- Your registration is complete when payment is received in full.
- If you are employed by a CASE member institution, you may register at the member rate.
- To ensure your name appears in all on-site materials, CASE must receive your registration no later than five (5) business days prior to the start date of the conference. You may still register after the deadline if space is available. Visit the member support center for more information.
- Contact CASE for exhibitor and sponsorship information.
Once your conference payment has been processed you will immediately receive an email confirmation receipt. If you have not received an electronic receipt two weeks prior to the conference start date, call +1 202-328-2273 to request a verbal and/or faxed confirmation.
- All group registrations must be made at the same time and on the same order/invoice when registering a group online. Please coordinate with any applicable budget managers before registering groups.
- To update an institution’s roster, the group coordinator can review and update the member roster by selecting the Roster tab on your My Account page. To remove members please click on their name on the roster in blue font (NOT THE EMPTY BOX NEXT TO THE NAME) and click "remove member" on the next screen. To add a member simply select add member at the top of the roster page. You may also direct new staff to www.case.org/account where they can create a profile and add themselves to the roster.
- Note: The fastest and most accurate way to register for our conferences is online via the conference registration pages.
Sold out Conferences
In the event that a conference is sold out, a waitlist will be provided for attendees who have not yet registered.
- Attendees must be paid in full to join the waitlist.
- At this time proforma registrants must be paid in full to hold their registration spot. Please contact [email protected] to confirm your payment status.
- As spots become available, waitlist attendees will be notified that their registration is confirmed via email.
- Waitlist attendees should NOT make their travel arrangements until their registration spot is confirmed. CASE is not responsible for any travel related costs or cancelation fees.
- Waitlist attendees will be notified if they are moved off the waitlist at least one week before the conference start date.
- If a waitlist attendee is not moved off the waitlist, they will receive a full refund for their registration payment.
- CASE negotiates a special hotel rate for conference attendees; housing is not included in your conference registration fees. You are responsible for making your own hotel reservation.
- The deadline is generally three weeks prior to the start of the conference to make your reservations at the special CASE conference rate. Please check the conference website for specific hotel information about each conference and make your reservations promptly to ensure room availability at the discounted rate.
- Occasionally, room blocks fill before the hotel deadline, although the hotel may have additional rooms at a higher rate. If the conference headquarters hotel is completely sold out, please plan for alternative lodging.
Attendees are strictly prohibited from carrying firearms, knives, and other weapons that could be used to cause injury to others, whether concealed or displayed, at the Event venue and related activities. CASE reserves the right, in its sole discretion, without refund, to eject attendees who violates this policy from the Event and/or bar their participation in future CASE conferences, events, and programs. Attendees must comply with this policy, regardless of any signage located at the Event venue or any weapons permit they may hold.
Conference Code of Conduct
We want every conference to be a safe and productive environment for everyone and invite attendees to help us make each conference a place that is welcoming and respectful to all participants, regardless of race, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, national origin, ethnicity, political affiliation, or religion. We do not condone nor tolerate harassment of our participants in any form—in person or online.
Examples of harassment include offensive comments, verbal threats or demands, sexualized images in public spaces, intimidation, stalking, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of sessions or events, and unwelcome physical contact or sexual attention. Harassment also includes slights and negative messages, both intentional and unintentional, based solely on appearance.
We expect all participants—attendees, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers—to follow the Code of Conduct during the conference. This includes conference-related social events at off-site locations, and in related online communities and social media.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. Conference participants violating this Code of Conduct may be expelled from the conference without a refund, and/or banned from future CASE events, at the discretion of CASE.
Most conferences are business dress, however, Summer Institutes are more casual.