2019 Summer Institute in Advancement Services
Join us this summer to hit the books, review the basics and start on your path to success!
Benefits of Attending
- Focus on content and interaction with colleagues and mentors.
- Discuss key "hard" and "soft" topics and get a well-rounded overview of all advancement services areas.
- Learn from renowned advancement services experts who have 130+ years of experience among them.
- Review systems-agnostic advancement services content presented in the context of other advancement disciplines and concerns.
Who Should Attend
- Newcomers to the field of advancement services
- Professionals with new responsibilities in donor relations, prospect management, database management and gift processing
- Advancement services professionals at any level of experience looking to enhance their skills, learn a related discipline or gain a basic understanding of the areas that make up advancement services
- Advancement staff seeking a better understanding of the fundamental processes and information supporting advancement IT staff who work directly with advancement offices and who wish to gain a better understanding of their partners' business processes
Tuesday, July 30
Meet and mingle with attendees and staff.
Thursday, Aug. 1
Boston Harbor Dinner Cruise
Spend your last evening in Boston onboard a cruise. Enjoy dinner and socializing in Boston Harbor.
Register now to secure your Spot!
*Early bird ends June 4, 2019.
Registration is online only. CASE accepts payment by check or credit card for conference registration fees.
Meet Your Chair
Carrie White is the vice president of advancement services at the University of Cincinnati Foundation, where she leads teams responsible for data management, gift processing, reporting and analytic services, prospect development, application support, IT infrastructure, and desktop and hardware support. During her tenure with the UC Foundation, she has managed the foundation's recent conversion to and implementation of Blackbaud CRM, as well as the redesign and launch of the foundation's web pages with Blackbaud Internet Solutions, and implementation of Financial Edge.
As a departmental leader, White is dynamic and detail-oriented. She combines comprehensive experiences in advancement services, fundraising, strategic planning, analytics and data management to focus and guide her team. Her professional passion is tying together the pieces of a fundraising shop and leveraging data to make things run smoothly. She credits her start in her profession with a colleague who encouraged her to "figure it out" on a homegrown Paradox database. As an advancement services professional, she deeply values the "can-do spirit" of initiative and discernment in her everyday work--she challenges her staff to "think and try" and believes her success is rooted in those qualities.
A graduate of the University of Alabama at Birmingham, White previously worked with the UC Health Foundation, the Urban League of Greater Cincinnati, Jacobson Consulting Applications, the Cincinnati Museum Center, and the Birmingham Zoo.
Lodging & Travel
The institute will be held at:
Boston, MA 02215
Learn more about Boston University.
Boston University is located in Boston, Massachusetts, one of America's oldest and most beloved cities and the economic and cultural hub of New England. As the home of four of the five CASE Summer Institutes, Boston University is the perfect setting for advancement professionals to come together.
Know Before You Register
- While You're here