The Chief Executive Officer Leadership Award
Chancellor George Blumenthal has led the University of California Santa Cruz for the past 13 years, and has been a faculty member in astronomy and astrophysics there since 1972. His research accomplishments are myriad, but his time as chancellor has transformed UC Santa Cruz into a top-tier, deeply respected institution.
The Chief Executive Officer Leadership Award was established by District VII in 1999 to honor institutional leaders for their outstanding contributions to their campus communities and for their support of advancement at their institutions. The award also recognizes a District VII member institution president, headmaster, chancellor, system head, or other institutional CEO for their outstanding efforts to promote a public understanding and support of education.
Nominees must demonstrate the ability to:
- Create a vision and inspire others
- Establish a positive image for their institution while leading it to even higher levels of success
- Increase their institution's stature in the community
- Increase innovation and risk-taking among employees
- Support all aspects of advancement at their institution
- Contribute to a greater public understanding and support of education
- Nominations for the 2019 CEO Award closed November 7, 2018.
- Award winners and their nominees will be asked to take part in a 2019 video recognition. Institutions will be asked to provide a high resolution photo, background information and support for a two-minute supplementary video so that the awardee can be appropriately recognized.
- If you have questions please contact: Howard Heevner, Chair, Individual Awards: firstname.lastname@example.org.