Making the Ask Workshop: Spring Session
Save the date!
Making the Ask Workshop: Fall Session
Oct. 1-2, 2020
This conference is designed to help fundraisers improve the face-to-face solicitation skills needed to boost their institution's annual fund and major gift program. This conference is designed for newcomers to the advancement profession. It is held in conjunction with Conference for Newcomers in Development: Spring Session.
Benefits of Attending
Participation in this conference will prepare attendees to:
- Confidently engage prospective donors in conversations about philanthropy.
- Develop solicitation strategies for leadership annual fund and major gifts.
- Plan for productive and informative initial visits and cold calls.
Who Should Attend
- Development professionals with fewer than two years of fundraising experience
- Academic leaders and volunteers with fundraising responsibilities
Meet the Chair
Leslie Hutchens is currently the director of development at Flint Hill School in Oakton, Virginia. With 25 years of experience, she has been fortunate to be a part of a broad range of institutions, from JK-12 day and boarding schools to universities. These experiences have helped her find that at their core, all development offices have more similarities than differences. Read more.