Leadership in Development
CASE will give registrants a credit toward a future CASE conference or product that can be used by you or anyone at your institution. You’ll see that credit on your CASE account by next week—no action is needed by you to receive that credit. (See CASE's cancellation policy)
Please be sure to cancel flights as soon as possible, as attendees are responsible for their own travel arrangements. If you booked your hotel through the CASE room block, your room will be canceled for you (look for a confirmation next week). If you booked your hotel through an outside vendor, you’ll need to cancel those accommodations.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult situation. We hope to be together soon.
This conference is designed for professionals with mid- and senior-level responsibility.
Benefits of Attending
Participation in this conference will prepare attendees to:
- Assess personal leadership strengths and weaknesses in preparation for increased responsibility and career advancement
- Deliver effective performance feedback.
- Align individual leadership vision and activities with broader institutional strategies.
- Measure fundraising and engagement productivity.
Who Should Attend
- Alumni directors
- Annual fund directors
- Associate and assistant vice presidents
- Directors of development
- Major gift directors
- Marketing and communications directors
- Managers of information systems, research and stewardship
- Vice presidents for advancement
Meet Your Chair
Christy Cates is currently the executive director of advancement services for Development and Institute Relations at the California Institute of Technology. She is responsible for establishing and refining comprehensive programs that integrate into all facets of the organization. Her areas of focus include prospect research, prospect management, reporting, prospect analytics, talent acquisition, professional development, staff engagement, and performance management.
Prior to joining Caltech, Cates served as the senior executive director of advancement of human resources at UC Irvine. She has also held human resources positions with In-N-Out Burger and Pick Up Stix, Inc., multisite corporations employing 800-4,000 employees.