Become a Host Institution
Since 2016, CASE Advancement Internship hosts have benefited from the bright and enthusiastic high-caliber students in the program. Many institutions find the program a great way to spot talent and build the advancement pipeline. Several of our host institutions have gone on to hire former interns in entry level advancement positions.
- An eight-week internship (June 1 - July 24, 2020) during which time the advancement intern will undertake assignments and projects that will develop their core advancement skills and help them to develop professionally.
- A senior member of staff and an onsite mentor to oversee the intern's development.
- A designated staff person who will be both the intern's and CASE's main point of contact at the host site.
- The fee to participate is $2,500 per intern. This fee covers associated costs of the program including the intern's travel expenses to Washington, DC for the three day CASE Advancement Internship Conference.
- Compensation for interns, host institutions have the flexibility of providing a $5,000 stipend that is distributed through CASE or setting up compensation directly through the institution and their intern(s).
CASE recommends that hosts pay interns a stipend of $5,000 or $15 per hour. This will cover living expenses throughout the program. This program does not require hosts to provide or pay for housing, meals and/or transportation to and from your campus.
If you are interested in becoming a host, please contact Robyn Neeley, Senior Manager, Career Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host Institution Toolkit
Congratulations on committing to host an intern! Now it's time to begin recruitment (if you haven't already selected a student) and discussing what projects the intern will be doing/which department(s) the intern will be assigned. If you are selecting from CASE's external pool of applications, those applications will be distributed shortly after the Feb. 7, 2020 application deadline.
This toolkit includes sample templates you might find helpful including: