CASE COVID Update
When Covid-19 was declared a pandemic in March 2020, CASE swiftly adopted three principles to focus our work in the weeks and months ahead:
- Provide value to members worldwide
- Protect and sustain our staff
- Remain financially viable
Now, as Covid-19 and its variants still scourges populations around the globe, and as the scientific research that brought us highly-effective vaccines continues apace, CASE has maintained our focus on these three principles, with remarkable results:
- Our rapid development of online and hybrid programs, as well as the launch of new offerings—such as ToGathers, Diplomado in Latin America, the All Districts Conference, and CASE Academy—created new ways for members to stay connected, share their knowledge, and learn how institutions around the world were adapting to their new realities.
- CASE staff in offices in London, Mexico City, Singapore, and Washington DC became adept at teleworking, maintaining a high level of productivity in service to our members while managing the many distractions that came with working from home. As local regulations permit, CASE staff will return to working on a hybrid schedule in our offices, while continuing to follow local guidance on masking and social distancing
- Even with the dramatic reduction in overall revenues, CASE ended FY21 fiscally sound, thanks in large part to the loyalty of our members, the success of our online programming, and the energy and budget management of our staff worldwide.
We anticipate being able to return to a limited schedule of in-person activities beginning in December 2021—greatly enriched by online and hybrid programming. Should local or national public health guidance indicate that in-person meetings or conferences are inadvisable, CASE will adapt to the situation and continue our pirouette to alternate online and digital programming.
As we enter FY22, we are confident that maintaining the discipline required by these three guiding principles will continue to serve CASE and our members well. Our first focus will always be on providing a high level of value to our members; from that value arises both our financial stability and our ability to tend to the needs of our staff who serve our members.