Become a Host Institution
Since 2018, CASE member institutions have benefited from the smart, passionate and high-caliber participants in the Graduate Trainee Program US/Canada. Many hiring managers find the program a great way to spot early career talent as they build and diversify their advancement pipeline. The majority of our host institutions go on to hire Graduate Trainees into permanent fundraising positions after the completion of the year-long program.
- Employment on a 50‐week contract. Graduate Trainees receive salary and benefits determined by their host institution placement in conjunction with the institution’s entry-level pay and grading structure (*July 2024 - June 2025)
- A senior member of staff and an onsite mentor to oversee the Graduate Trainee’s development
- A designated staff person who will be both the Graduate Trainee’s and CASE's main point of contact at the host site
*Hosts have the flexibility of starting their graduate trainee(s) before July 2024. CASE professional development programming begins with the Summer Institute in Educational Fundraising (July 2024).
CASE provides a year-long series of in person conferences and virtual trainings led by senior fundraising, DEIB and talent management professionals to complement the graduate trainee’s on-the-job learning. The CASE curriculum is designed to enhance their learning while developing key CASE competencies for early career advancement professionals.
CASE Graduate Trainees attend the Summer Institute in Educational Fundraising and one CASE District Conference
Coaching and Mentoring
- CliftonStrengths Gallup assessment and 1:1 coaching with certified coaches
- Career mapping assistance by senior talent managers toward the completion of the program
- A mentor outside of the host institution to provide additional support and assist the trainee in building their advancement network
- CASE recruits candidates, manages and supports host institutions in the assessment, interview and selection of Graduate Trainees
Dedicated CASE Team
- The CASE Talent Management team provides direct support to both the Graduate Trainees and the host institutions throughout the year, including periodic 1:1 check-ins with graduate trainees and hosts.
The fee to participate for the 2024-25 program is $9500 per Graduate Trainee. If you are interested in hosting a CASE Graduate Trainee, contact Robyn Neeley at [email protected].
The CASE Graduate Trainee Program US/Canada has provided Ohio University with an extraordinary tool for recruiting from a diverse pool of talented, motivated new professionals who are genuinely and passionately interested in building careers in university advancement. The energy, curiosity, commitment, and professional contributions of our Graduate Trainees have been overwhelmingly positive. We look forward to welcoming these new professionals to our team each year; but, picking just one is always a challenge!
Inclusivity is one of the Oregon State University Foundation’s core values, and we recognize the vital importance of growing that sense of inclusion as well as increasing diversity in our profession. As the demographics of our constituent base shift, our ability to form meaningful relationships depends on having professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are excited about the way the CASE Graduate Trainee Program springboards participants into their careers, welcoming them into a space where they feel valued and they add value.