Development for Deans and Academic Leaders: Fall Session
Offered twice annually, the audience consists of academic leaders looking for a comprehensive introduction to development. Designed to engage learners, the program provides opportunities for sharing of best practice, reflection and networking and has been found most effective when academic and development colleagues attend together. As a result, attendees are strongly encouraged to register as a pair or team.
Benefits of Attending
- Get practical information for use in fulfilling your fundraising role as an academic leader.
- Collaborate with colleagues and faculty on techniques to implement at your institution.
- Gain a fresh approach for understanding successful development.
- Work in partnership with your development colleagues to discuss fundraising initiatives and best practice for implementation within your institution and/or unit.
- Network with your peers.
This conference is designed for professionals with mid- and senior-level responsibility. The content is designed for academic leaders new to fundraising and it is recommended that advancement officers only attend with their academic partners to get the most out of their time at the conference.
Who Should Attend
- Academic deans
- Development officers
- Central development officers
- Administrators who work with academic deans
- Department heads
- Institute directors
- Provosts and presidents
Meet Your Chair
Lorna Somers is recognized internationally as the foremost teacher/trainer in the field of institutional advancement in higher education and is herself an experienced and accomplished practitioner in her 30th year of practice at McMaster University in Canada. Read more.