2019 Summer Institute for Independent Schools
Join us this summer to hit the books, review the basics and start on your path to success!
Benefits of Attending
- Gain an overall understanding of the world of independent school advancement.
- Receive practical training in key concepts and review best practices for all sizes and types of institutions.
- Take home ideas for programs and projects that have proven successful for other independent schools.
- Learn new ideas that will advance your institution in development communication, publications, social media, web design, and communications and marketing.
- Benefit from small-group interaction with your faculty and peers in elective sessions. You also will participate in Cohort Groups, led by the faculty, where you'll discuss topics in greater depth and exchange experiences and practical ideas
Who Should Attend
- Professionals new to the field of independent school advancement
- Experienced professionals that are new to independent schools
- Advancement professionals—at any level of experience—looking to enhance their skills, learn a related discipline or gain an understanding of all the areas that make up independent school advancement
Tuesday, July 30
Meet and mingle with attendees and staff.
Thursday, Aug. 1
Boston Harbor Dinner Cruise
Spend your last evening in Boston onboard a cruise. Enjoy dinner and socializing in Boston Harbor.
Register now to secure your spot!
*Early bird ends June 4, 2019.
Registration is online only. CASE accepts payment by check or credit card for conference registration fees.
Meet Your Chair
Jim Bob Womack
Jim Bob Womack serves as the Assistant Head of School for Advancement at Saint Mary's Hall in San Antonio, TX, one of the oldest independent day schools in the southwest. In his role, he is responsible for leading the advancement operations of the school, including fundraising, communications, alumni and parent programs, and other essential community engagement functions for the school, including the strategic guidance of enrollment management and financial aid.
Previously he served as Director of Development and Director of Alumni Relations at St. Mark's School of Texas, his alma mater, where he began his career in education in 2006. During his time, he oversaw one of the most robust alumni relations programs in the nation, which earned a CASE Circle of Excellence Awards for Alumni Program and Volunteer Leadership Bronze Medal in 2010.
In 2006, Womack attended the CASE Summer Institute for Independent Schools and credits the conference with bending his learning curve. He continues to be an active member of CASE, speaking at national and regional conferences and connecting with other independent schools around the country to share best practices. In 2010, he served on the CASE-NAIS Independent Schools Conference Planning Committee, and he has been a member of CASE's Development Advisory Group since 2018. He has chaired the CASE Summer Institute for Independent Schools since 2018 and served as a faculty member at the Institute since 2014. He was awarded the CASE Crystal Apple for Superior Teaching in 2019.
Womack earned a bachelor's degree in advertising at Pepperdine University and worked in the communications industry as a graphic designer before beginning his career in education.
Lodging & Travel
The institute will be held at:
Boston, MA 02215
Learn more about Boston University.
Boston University is located in Boston, Massachusetts, one of America's oldest and most beloved cities and the economic and cultural hub of New England. As the home of four of the five CASE Summer Institutes, Boston University is the perfect setting for advancement professionals to come together.
- While your're here