2019 Summer Institute for Independent Schools
Join us this summer to hit the books, review the basics and start on your path to success!
Benefits of Attending
- Gain an overall understanding of the world of independent school advancement.
- Receive practical training in key concepts and review best practices for all sizes and types of institutions.
- Take home ideas for programs and projects that have proven successful for other independent schools.
- Learn new ideas that will advance your institution in development communication, publications, social media, web design, and communications and marketing.
- Benefit from small-group interaction with your faculty and peers in elective sessions. You also will participate in Cohort Groups, led by the faculty, where you'll discuss topics in greater depth and exchange experiences and practical ideas
Who Should Attend
- Professionals new to the field of independent school advancement
- Experienced professionals that are new to independent schools
- Advancement professionals—at any level of experience—looking to enhance their skills, learn a related discipline or gain an understanding of all the areas that make up independent school advancement
Tuesday, July 30
Meet and mingle with attendees and staff.
Thursday, Aug. 1
Boston Harbor Dinner Cruise
Spend your last evening in Boston onboard a cruise. Enjoy dinner and socializing in Boston Harbor.
Register now to secure your spot!
*Early bird ends June 4, 2019.
Registration is online only. CASE accepts payment by check or credit card for conference registration fees.
Meet Your Chair
Jim Bob Womack
Jim Bob Womack serves as the director of development at St. Mark's School of Texas. He oversees the Office of Development & Alumni Relations and leads a team focused on furthering the mission of the school by strengthening the community and raising funds to support the Marksman experience. Womack works with the Development Committee and Committee on Trustees of the Board of Trustees and is a member of the School administrative team. Womack's career in development began in 2006 when he returned to his alma mater as St. Mark's director of alumni relations. In his eight years as alumni director, he helped build the alumni relations team and grow the program into one of the strongest in the nation. During his tenure, alumni participation in the St. Mark's Fund grew from 40 percent annually to an all-time high of 56 percent. In 2010, the St. Mark's Alumni Program was awarded a CASE Circle of Excellence Bronze Medal.
In 2006, Womack attended the CASE Summer Institute for Independent Schools, and credits the conference with bending his learning curve. He continues to be an active member of CASE, speaking at numerous national and regional conferences and connecting with other independent schools around the country to share best practices. In 2010, he served on the planning committee for the national CASE-NAIS Independent Schools Conference.
Womack earned a bachelor's degree in advertising at Pepperdine University and worked in the communications industry as a graphic designer before returning to St. Mark's.
Lodging & Travel
The institute will be held at:
Boston, MA 02215
Learn more about Boston University.
Boston University is located in Boston, Massachusetts, one of America's oldest and most beloved cities and the economic and cultural hub of New England. As the home of four of the five CASE Summer Institutes, Boston University is the perfect setting for advancement professionals to come together.
- While your're here