2019 Summer Institute in Alumni Relations
Join us this summer to hit the books, review the basics and start on your path to success.
Benefits of Attending
The Summer Institute is a valuable investment in you and your organization. Through the institute you will have an opportunity to:
- Gain an overall understanding of the world of alumni relations.
- Hear success stories from professionals representing a variety of public and private institutions.
- Take home ideas for programs and projects that have proven successful for other alumni programs.
- Make the most of your training budget with a first-rate program, enhancing your organization and your career.
Who Should Attend
- Professionals new to the field of alumni relations
- Experienced professionals with new alumni relations responsibilities
- Experienced alumni relations professionals who are new to higher education
- Advancement leaders and anyone who wants to better understand alumni relations fundamentals
Monday, July 29
Meet and mingle with attendees and staff while enjoying food, drinks and good company.
Thursday, Aug. 1
Boston Harbor Dinner Cruise
Spend your last evening in Boston onboard a cruise. Enjoy dinner and socializing in Boston Harbor.
Register now to secure your spot!
*Early bird ends June 4, 2019.
Registration is online only. CASE accepts payment by check or credit card for conference registration fees.
Meet Your Chair
J T. Forbes
J T. Forbes is the chief executive officer of the Indiana University Alumni Association. He also serves as president of the Council of Alumni Association Executives Board of Directors, and past chairperson of the Big Ten Alumni Chief Executive Officers.
An experienced higher education leader, Forbes served in communications, marketing, public affairs and government relations roles at IU and Michigan State University and provided consulting on these issues for other major public research and land grant colleges. Outside of higher education, he served as the first director of state government relations for Cummins, Inc., the principal private sector staff leader for the U.S.-Brazil CEO Forum, the first policy analyst for the Indiana Senate, and as a founding member of the Indiana Commission on Community Service.
As a student, he was president of the student body on Indiana University's Bloomington campus, founded the All University Student Assembly and later served as a trustee of Indiana University and a founding member of the Philanthropic Studies Society on Indiana University's Indianapolis campus.
Lodging & Travel
The institute will be held at:
Boston, MA 02215
Learn more about Boston University.
Boston University is located in Boston, Massachusetts, one of America's oldest and most beloved cities and the economic and cultural hub of New England. As the home of four of the five CASE Summer Institutes, Boston University is the perfect setting for advancement professionals to come together.
- While you're here