Best of CASE VIII: Opportunity & Inclusion
CASE District VIII values efforts that foster and promote diversity in the advancement profession. The Opportunity & Inclusion Endorsement honors winning entries in the annual Best of CASE VIII Awards competition that reflect these values in either their creation or purpose. The endorsement consists of:
- An O&I seal affixed to the individual bronze, silver or gold award certificate.
- Notice of the O&I Endorsement in all CASE District VIII award recognition publications.
Eligibility and Application
To request an O&I Endorsement, you must:
- Check the Opportunity and Inclusion box on the Entry Information tab on the online award entry form.
- Make sure to submit a rationale explaining why your entry is deserving of the Opportunity & Inclusion recognition. This section should be concise (less than 200 words) in describing how your entry meets one or more of the criteria noted below.
Please note that request for an O&I Endorsement does not influence Best of CASE VIII Awards judging. The district's O&I committee will evaluate only those entries that:
- Win a bronze, silver, or gold CASE VIII Best of CASE VIII Award.
- Request an O&I Endorsement when completing their award contest online entry form.
To qualify for an O&I Endorsement, an entry must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce and equitable work environment, highlight new or progressive best practices that support opportunity and inclusion goals, promote cross-collaboration, and facilitate equitable education and social engagement with and between various categories of professionals in the field of advancement and communications.
- Promote the recruitment, retention, promotion, or support of individuals who are new (less than four years' experience) to the field of advancement and communications and/or are from underrepresented populations, varying ethnic or religious backgrounds, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, and/or physical and mental capabilities.
- Exhibit visionary and insightful perspective about diverse populations and topics with respect to social justice, and/or confront and/or resolve inequities of individuals from underrepresented populations, veterans, varying ethnic or religious backgrounds, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, and/or physical and mental capabilities.
- Are designed, written, edited, or produced by individuals who are new (less than four years' experience) to the field of advancement and communications and/or are individuals from under-represented populations, varying ethnic or religious backgrounds, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, and/or physical and mental capabilities.