Newcomer's Fellowship Awards
Applications opening soon.
CASE V offers those individuals with two years or less experience in advancement a unique opportunity to receive financial assistance to attend the CASE District V Conference and the Institute for New Professionals. Up to six newcomers to institutional advancement will receive fellowships. From this group, three will be selected to receive named fellowships. A development newcomer will be named the Vaughn Dann Fellow, an alumni newcomer will be named the Ray Willemain Fellow and a communications newcomer will be named the Illinois College Relations Fellow. Each will receive a special recognition award for these three awards, which honor the memory of two of CASE V's outstanding professionals.
Applicants are asked to delay registering for the conference until notified of the award selection. All applicants will be informed of a decision prior to the Early Bird registration deadline.
CASE V Newcomers' Fellowship applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- hold an advancement position at a CASE member institution within District V
- have been employed in advancement for two years or less at the time we receive your application
- have never previously attended a CASE V Conference
- ability to attend both the Institute for New Professionals and the CASE District V Conference in their entirety
Each recipient will have their $325 Early bird conference registration fee waived and receive a $75 stipend to be used to offset other conference expenses. In addition, the $150 fee for your Newcomers Session will be waived. Award winners will be notified in late September 2019 in order to register for the early bird rate. Awards will be presented to the fellowship winners at the Institute for New Professionals. Stipend checks will be made payable to the recipients' institutions and will be available for pickup at the registration desk at the conference.
- Submit the application by August 30, 2019. Applications will be open in late May 2019.
- Submit a resume or statement of educational and work experience highlighting employment, campus or civic activities related to institutional advancement
- Letter of recommendation from sponsor/supervisor
- Submit a current electronic photograph appropriate for use in print and presentations
- Register for the conference
- Secure hotel reservations
- Serve as a conference volunteer
Apply now for the Newcomer's Fellowship Awards.
All applicants will be informed of a decision by September 27, 2019.