District I Venture Fund
Thank you for your interest in the Venture Fund. Due to uncertain circumstances related to COVID-19, this year's application cycle has been deferred until next year. If you have any questions or ideas to discuss, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Application Period: March 1 – April 30, 2020
What is The Venture Fund?
The Venture Fund is a source of financial support for new and innovative programming focused on professional development and networking for and among members of CASE District I. The Fund is intended to support special initiatives and programs not already funded by the Board and the District’s annual operating budget.
The Venture Fund is not a resource to pay registration fees for existing programs or for participation in a program attended by just one DI member.
How much funding is available via The Venture Fund?
There is a total of $15,000 available in Venture Fund capital for the 2020-21 year. Grant amounts awarded may vary upon a review of the applications received by the selection committee but typically range from $500 to $3,000. The committee may fully or partially fund selected grants up to the limit of $3,000.
What are the criteria for applications to The Venture Fund?
Members from all CASE DI institutions may apply for support from The Venture Fund. All applications will be given thorough consideration, with preference given to those proposals that include the following elements:
- Demonstrate collaboration between a group of CASE DI members/institutions in the planning and execution of the proposed program;
- Demonstrate impact on a number of CASE professionals;
- Propose a program not already funded by CASE DI;
- Provide an opportunity for the professional development of CASE members;
- Support traditionally underserved populations in our profession and serve/enhance diversity amongst CASE DI membership;
- Provide a mechanism of post-project sharing with CASE member institutions through means such as a CASE conference session or roundtable, open webinar to member institutions, or similar means of follow up, if requested by the committee.
What is the application process and deadline for a grant submission to The Venture Fund?
- Complete and submit the application on or before April 30th, 2020. Applications must also include budget, with preference given to well-developed budget forecasts.
- The DI Venture Fund Committee reviews applications and recommends which proposals should be funded to the DI Board for final funding approval.
- Grant recipients are contacted by the DI Venture Fund Committee in early June and awards announced. Those not selected for funding will also be notified.
- Expenses for funded projects will be paid directly by CASE headquarters or through approved purchases with accompanying receipts.
- Grant recipients plan and market their programs independently of CASE/CASE DI. As per the application, grant recipients are required to:
- Recognize the support from the CASE DI Venture Fund in all marketing materials for this activity.
- Complete their activity within 12 months of award notification.
Provide brief updates every other month leading up to the implementation of their program.
- Submit a final, written report on their program within 30 days of the program’s completion.
- If requested by the Venture Fund Committee, undertake a CASE conference session or roundtable, open webinar to CASE Member Institutions, or similar means of follow up, as appropriate.
- Any net revenue (profit) generated through this activity will be returned to CASE DI for reinvestment in the Venture Fund.