District I Annual Conference Scholarships
CASE District I is proud to offer 15 Scholarships for the 2020 CASE District I Conference. Scholarships will be awarded to individuals who are employed by members of CASE District I and cover the cost of a full conference registration. Pre-conference registration is not included in this scholarship.
CASE District I is committed to providing opportunities for individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups as well as individuals from member institutions with significant budgetary constraints.
1. Complete the online application by December 31, 2019.
2. Prepare a concise character statement (250 words or less).
3. Upload a letter of recommendation from a supervisor or a member of your institution's professional staff.
Note: Applicants will be notified of the Committee’s decision prior to the deadline for Early Bird Registration. Recipients, or their institutions, are responsible for additional expenses related to travel, lodging, and food. If you think you may need financial assistance with travel and/or hotel costs, please indicate it below.
Selection Process and Criteria
A committee of CASE District I volunteers selects recipients on the basis of:
- the candidate’s experience;
- the candidate’s ability to express him/herself as outlined in the personal essay; and
- the candidate’s statement about the resources available for professional development at his/her institution. Preference is given to people from institutions with limited resources.
Weight will be given to qualified candidates who possess characteristics that are underrepresented in the profession and who would contribute to the overall diversity of CASE District I.