2019 District I Annual Meeting Minutes
CASE District I Annual Meeting
Westin Copley Place
March 14, 2019
Call to Order and Welcome
The meeting was called to order at 12:30 p.m. on March 14, 2019, by CASE District I Chair Beth Cahill.
Secretary Cristina Dieguez-Kuo presented the minutes from last year’s Annual Meeting. On a motion duly made, the minutes of the 2018 annual business meeting were approved as presented.
CASE District I Treasurer Lesley Pratt presented the report of the treasurer and financial statements. In accordance with the policies of CASE International, District I takes part in an annual review process with auditors Tate & Tryon. Ms. Pratt reported that District I ended fiscal year with net assets of $801,438. The 2019 budget established an operating budget of $635,225 which includes a transfer of $52,273 from investments to cover association costs. On a motion duly made, the treasurer’s report was approved as presented.
Election of the Officers
Chair-elect Montique Cotton-Kelly presented the slate:
- Lesley Pratt, assistant vice president of advancement services, Northeastern University
- Clare McCully, chief development officer, MGH Institute of Health Professions
- Michelle Davis, chief marketing officer, Wentworth Institute of Technology
- Jenny Hammond, director of alumni and parent engagement, Deerfield Academy
- Jackie Nowell, associate vice president, donor relations & engagement, University of Rhode Island Foundation
- Michael Stenko, director of alumni affairs, Eastern Connecticut State University
- Carole Allen-Scannell, director of development, The Nashoba Brooks School
- Ryan Bersani, director of engagement analytics, alumni association, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Carly Lapinski, associate vice president, marketing and communications, Brown University
- Ann Rho, director of development, science strategy, Yale University
- Jennifer Richard, director of development, North Yarmouth Academy
- Tammie Ruda, executive director, reunion and annual campaigns, Harvard College Fund, Harvard College
- Brad Skog, principal director, annual giving, Concordia University
- Kevin Wesley, executive director, alumni & friend engagement and The Clark Fund, Clark University
- Carla Zottoli, executive director, Mount Wachusett Community College Foundation, Inc.
2020 District I Conference Chairs (ex officio):
- Meagan Flint, associate director, alumni chapters, Boston College
- Lauren Wojtkun, director, volunteer training and development, MIT Alumni Association
On a motion duly made, the slate was approved as presented.
Ms. Cotton-Kelly recognized the following individuals who will continue their service to CASE District I in the 2018-2019 term:
- Chair: Beth Cahill, director of leadership giving, Trinity College
- Chair-elect: Montique (Mo) Cotton Kelly, vice president, alumni relations, University of Connecticut Foundation, Inc.
- Immediate Past Chair: Gilbert Tordjman, vice president administration and finance, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal
- Linnell Bickford, director of development, emerging technologies and innovation, University of Rhode Island Foundation
- Kevin Fleming, deputy director of alumni relations, Alumnae Association of Mount Holyoke College
- Alan Ryea, vice president for alumni relations, The University of Vermont Foundation
- Chris Toro, executive director, office of individual giving, MIT
- District Trustee: Christine Tempesta, executive director, information systems & volunteer services, MIT Alumni Association
- Trustee-at-Large: Christine Pina, chief advancement officer, Miss Porter’s School
- CASE-ASAP Liaison (ex-officio): Stefanie Stevens Seslar, assistant director, young alumni, Yale College Alumni Fund
Chair-elect Kelly thanked board members whose term will conclude at the end of June:
- Cristina Dieguez-Kuo, campaign director, Miss Porter’s School
- Andy Tiedemann, associate vice president institutional communications, Babson College
- Amy Haile, assistant vice president, University of New England
- Don Brezinski, senior vice president institutional advancement, Southern New Hampshire University
- Barbara Sabia, director of development, Yale Law School
The 2019 Conference co-chairs were thanked for their efforts on behalf of the district.
Nicole Sullivan, special assistant, governance, Babson College
Lauren Wojtkun, director, volunteer training and development, MIT Alumni Association
The members of the nominating committee were thanked by Kelly on behalf of committee chair Barbara Sabia for their service in selecting this year’s slate of new board members:
Beth Cahill, Trinity College
Mo Cotton Kelly, The University of Connecticut Foundation
Mary-Helen Black, Harvard Business School
G. Taylor Brown, Northeastern University College of Engineering
Gilbert Tordjman, Montreal Clinical Research Institute
Eric Yates, Williston Northampton School
Chair Cahill encouraged members to apply for a Venture Fund grant by March 29.
Cahill then previewed the proposed new volunteer leadership structure. She explained the purpose, timeline and proposed organizational structure. Cahill also informed the membership that every member institution will be invited to vote on the new structure in May 2019. It will be an electronic vote, and more information will come from CASE prior to the vote.
There being no further business, on motion duly made, the meeting was adjourned.
Submitted: Cristina Dieguez-Kuo, CASE District I Board Secretary