Masterclass: People (not tech) and Impact (not dollars)
SGD 250 CASE Member
SGD 325, Non-Member
Note: The fee is for a one-person access to the live seminar.
The online masterclass is scheduled on Thursday, 3 December, 8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. SGT. The date and time for this online masterclass is in Singapore time (SGT UTC+8 hours). You can check the corresponding date and time in your locality here.
Analytics maturity in advancement is not about greater and greater technical sophistication; it’s about people and how we make decisions. In the initial part of this two-segment session, speaker Kevin MacDonell will tell the story of how advancement at Dalhousie University has developed to its current state of maturity in BI and analytics. Along the way, the team has negotiated many technical hurdles. But as organisations large and small have discovered, the toughest challenges may be cultural. In the second part, Kevin will look at how the advancement department demonstrates value to Dalhousie. How to show ROI to institutional and academic leaders who may lack a complete grasp of our work? Data and benchmarking are useful tools. Before that, advancement must work effectively with academic leaders and align donors’ passions with the mission. Through pursuing partnerships for societal change that focus on institutional strengths, the seeds for proving advancement’s value are sown before fundraising begins.
- Evaluate your organisation’s analytic maturity using a simple maturity model.
- Identify current barriers to effective data-informed decision making in your organisation.
- Hear about Dalhousie University’s approach to demonstrating advancement ROI through benchmarking and other means.
Explore the bigger picture that frames advancement’s furtherance of your institution’s mission.
Who should attend?
- VPs and other advancement leaders
- AVPs / Directors of Development
- Directors of Operations / Advancement Services
- Managers and Directors of Data / Analytics teams, and BI analysts
Learn more about the online masterclass here.