Major Gift Strategies
Benefits of Attending
- Participation in this conference will prepare attendees to:
- Use annual giving engagement as a basis for major gift strategy.
- Align institutional goals with donor values for the highest level of philanthropy.
- Glean information that speaks to capacity, inclination and potential area(s) of interest in an initial prospect meeting.
- Maximize the potential of cross-campus collaboration.
- Distinguish between long-term and fast-track giving opportunities.
Who should participate?
- Individuals who work directly with major gift donors and prospective alumni.
- Development professionals with major gift responsibilities
- Faculty, volunteers and staff who have a vital role in securing major gifts for their programs
Meet Your Chair
Marc A Barnes, Ph.D
Marc Anthony Barnes has served as Vice President for Institutional Advancement at Dillard University since February 2013. This is not his first stint with the university, having worked in Dillard’s Development Department in various positions from 2000-2009. Before his return to Dillard, Marc served as Director of Development at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and Foundation, Inc. (NOJHFF). At NOJHFF, he was responsible for the development of a major gifts fundraising operation and the launch of a major capital campaign designed to support the renovation of the Jazz & Heritage Center.