Summer Institute for Independent Schools
Join us this summer to hit the books, review the basics, and start on your path to success!
Benefits of Attending
- Gain an overall understanding of the world of independent school advancement.
- Receive practical training in key concepts and review best practices for all sizes and types of institutions.
- Take home ideas for programs and projects that have proven successful for other independent schools.
- Learn new ideas that will advance your institution in development communication, publications, social media, web design, and communications and marketing.
- Benefit from small-group interaction with your faculty and peers in elective sessions. You also will participate in Cohort Groups, led by the faculty, where you'll discuss topics in greater depth and exchange experiences and practical ideas.
Who Should Attend
- Professionals new to the field of independent school advancement
- Experienced professionals that are new to independent schools
- Advancement professionals—at any level of experience—looking to enhance their skills, learn a related discipline or gain an understanding of all the areas that make up independent school advancement
Meet Your Chair
Jim Bob Womack
Jim Bob Womack serves as the Assistant Head of School for Advancement at Saint Mary's Hall in San Antonio, TX, one of the oldest independent day schools in the southwest. In his role, he is responsible for leading the advancement operations of the school, including fundraising, communications, alumni and parent programs, and other essential community engagement functions for the school, including the strategic guidance of enrollment management and financial aid. Read more.