Corporate and Foundation Relations Officers Seminar Series
This series will take place on the following days:
June 9, 2020
June 17, 2020
June 25, 2020
Our annual conference brings together more than 400 development professionals, grant writers, officers and prospect researchers to engage in conversation about the challenges in securing external support for our institutions. While our in-person conference from May 13-15 to be held in San Francisco was canceled, we are now offering our program via an online series over three weeks.
Join us in our online series to:
Hear directly from corporate and foundation pros regarding what they consider to be key drivers in forming partnerships.
Learn about current pertinent practices, effective stewardship efforts, and future trends that will impact your work.
Connect with the CFR community and expand your network.
Who Should Attend
- Development professionals—at any level of experience—who are responsible for securing external support from corporations and foundations for educational institutions
- Assistant, associate and directors of corporate and/or foundation relations
- Grant writers and officers who work primarily with non-government solicitations
- Prospect researchers who work to support corporate and/or foundation fundraising efforts from across their campus
- Directors of development for schools/units who routinely seek corporate sponsorships, underwriting, and gifts or foundation grants for their school/institutional activities.
This conference is designed for professionals with mid- and senior-level responsibility.
Ms. Martin leads a team of professionals focused on Foundation Relations and Strategic Initiatives for UC San Diego. She partners with faculty and University leadership as well as foundation and nonprofit partners to bridge cross-sector collaborations that propel research, science, health, and innovation to heightened levels of impact. Specific areas of expertise include: global health and development; the intersection of medicine and engineering; data science; climate science; as well as the human technology frontier. She also partners with the Vice Chancellor for Research to guide big idea generation and growth to address global grand challenges.
Prior to joining UC San Diego in 2007, Ms. Martin managed donor relations and community advisory boards for Scripps Health Foundation, and previously held a similar role at Franciscan Health System in her native Puget Sound region of Washington. She holds her master’s degree from the University of San Diego, School of Leadership and Education Sciences with a focus in nonprofit leadership, and a bachelor’s degree in marketing and communication.