Advancement Summit for Life Sciences
Welcome from the Chairs
It is my great pleasure to welcome you, on behalf of EMBL, to this first-of-its-kind summit for life sciences. I very much look forward to this opportunity to hear from an engaging range of experts and speakers, as well as to sharing ideas for best practice and future collaborations. I expect that delegates will return to their institutions with a clear vision of ways they can generate resources for their institutes through coordinated alumni relations, fundraising and communications activities that address their specific institutional needs.
Matthias Hentze, Director, EMBL
We are delighted to partner with EMBL, for what we hope to be the first of many programmes to support life science institutes in growing their advancement activity. We are looking forward to hearing from our expert speakers as well as delegates from across a range of backgrounds. We hope that you leave this first summit feeling inspired, challenged, and equipped to engage your communities and champion the success of your institutions.
Bruce Bernstein, Executive Director, Global Engagement, CASE
- Conference Chair: Matthias Hentze, Director, EMBL, Germany
- Conference Moderator: Nik Miller, Partner, More Partnership
- Bruce Bernstein, Executive Director, CASE
- Jo Bury, Managing Director, VIB, Ghent, Belgium
- Susan M Gasser, Professor of Molecular Biology, Former Director, FMI, University of Basel, Switzerland
- Stefano Gustincich, Deputy Director, Life Tech, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT), Italy
- Luis Serrano, Director, Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), Spain