Advanced Annual Giving Strategies
Benefits of Attending
Participation in this conference will prepare attendees to:
- Gain insights into best practices that will position your annual giving program to meet strategic objectives.
- Attain new data and information regarding performance benchmarks, statistical trends and program standards.
- Expand your knowledge base by engaging with a diverse group of senior annual giving professionals through peer-to-peer discussion.
- Build your network with other leaders in annual giving.
Who Should Attend
- Senior-level professionals in annual giving.
- Long-time development professionals with new responsibilities in annual giving who would benefit from fresh ideas and the opportunity to network with others in the field.
Meet Your Chair
Howard W. Heevner
Howard Heevner joined the University of California, Berkeley in 2019 as the executive director of annual programs. In his current role he oversees annual giving, leadership annual giving, milestone giving, next generation giving and parents philanthropy and engagement. With more than 20 years of higher education fundraising experience, he has held a number of roles.
Prior to coming to Berkeley, Heevner was the assistant vice chancellor of university development programs at UC Santa Cruz, the director of annual giving at Penn State University, the director of annual and special giving at DePaul University and the associate director of annual giving at University of Michigan. He began his career in development at the University of Iowa.
Howard has been a regular speaker at CASE conferences throughout his career and currently serves on the CASE District VII board. Heevner has also worked with more than 30 institutions across the country to review the effectiveness of their annual giving programs.
Heevner earned his bachelor's degree in journalism from the University of Iowa and his master's degree in higher education administration from Penn State.