The SimpsonScarborough Scholars program supports the professional development of promising communications and marketing practitioners in the educational advancement profession. The program has three primary purposes:
- To nurture and sustain the professional development of the scholars,
- To establish a network of scholars over time who become mentors to other promising newcomers and
- To support the communications and marketing disciplines overall.
The SimpsonScarborough Scholars program is generously sponsored by SimpsonScarborough, a leading communications and marketing consulting firm specializing in higher education. The program celebrates Christopher Simpson’s accomplished career as an exemplary communications and marketing professional and builds on his longtime commitment to serving as a role model, mentor and colleague to young advancement professionals.
Each year, up to four Scholars will receive:
- Attendance at the Summer Institute for Communications and Marketing, CASE's flagship training program for newcomers to the communications and marketing field. The scholarship provides full conference registration (which includes lodging and most meals) and a reimbursement of up to $500 for travel expense to this year's Summer Institute.
- A copy of Christopher Simpson’s book, Weathering the Storm: Protecting Your Brand in the Worst of Times
CASE will also support the efforts of each scholar to:
- Engage in peer-to-peer networking to help build his or her own career networks and
- Contribute to activities that mentor the scholar's peers, campus colleagues and students interested in advancement careers.