University Leadership UK Study Tour
June 7 - 9, 2017
Nottingham University St. Hilda’s College, Oxford University SOAS, University of London
University Leadership UK Study Tour - helping you develop your strategic approach to fundraising, alumni engagement and advancement
Wednesday 7th - Friday 9th June 2017
The CASE Europe University Leadership UK Study Tour has been specially developed to provide Rectors, Vice-Chancellors and Pro Vice-Chancellors with an opportunity to strengthen their understanding of philanthropic fundraising and alumni engagement. This high level, intensive three-day study tour will visit and explore a range of institutional settings in the UK and will enable the small group of participants to interact with UK university leaders and senior practitioners. Reflecting on the UK experience as it has developed in recent years in a range of types of institutions will give you an opportunity to consider your own strategy for institutional advancement. Visit the universities of Nottingham, Oxford (St. Hilda's College) and SOAS University of London (formerly The School of Oriental and African Studies), where you will also be joined by colleagues from Nottingham Trent University, St Hilda's College Oxford and New College Oxford, Oxford Brookes University, the University of Manchester, UCL, among others.
Raising philanthropic income has never been more important for senior leaders. If you are thinking of making philanthropic giving and engaging more deeply with your alumni an important part of your institutional strategy and funding, this is a unique opportunity to visit and learn from the leaders and development operations of leading British universities with a variety of traditions, structures and mission.
Benefits of the tour include:
• Support from one of the UK's most experienced and senior advancement professionals as your guide and Chair throughout
• Access to key players and decision makers including: university vice-chancellors, deans, key volunteers, heads of advancement and their staff.
• Previous participants were particularly encouraged by the transferability of the UK model, the access to key figures within the institutions visited and the openness of the discussions.
• Enjoy a post-tour de-brief in London for review, analysis and evaluation, available for tour participants plus an appropriate colleague.
• All travel, meals and accommodation within the UK in included.
• Enjoy opportunities for informal discussion with institutional leaders and colleagues.
• Return home ready to strengthen institutional advancement in your own university, and the practical knowledge to achieve your goals.
The tour will begin at the University of Nottingham on the afternoon of Wednesday 7th of June, before travelling to Oxford on the morning of Thursday 8th of June where the visit will be hosted by St. Hilda's College. After a night in Oxford, we will travel to London where the tour will end in the early afternoon.
Please email Fon Browndy on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44 (0)20 7448 9940 if you would like to take part in the study tour this year.